- Το Pegasus είναι λογισμικό κατασκοπίας (spyware) για iOS και Android …
- SolarWinds is urging customers to patch a Serv-U remote code execution vulnerability …
- Μετά τις πρόσφατες συλλήψεις μερικών μελών του κακόβουλου λογισμικού Clop …
- Το Εθνικό CSIRT-CY μετά από πληροφόρηση από την CYTA, ενημερώνει …
Επιθέσεις ηλεκτρονικού “ψαρέματος” στοχεύουν εργαζόμενους που με την άρση των περιορισμών COVID-19 επιστρέφουν στα γραφεία τουςΜε την άρση των περιορισμών COVID-19 και την επιστροφή των …
National CSIRT-CY Activities
- Το Εθνικό Ινστιτούτο Κυβερνοασφάλειας της Ισπανίας (INCIBE) και ο Οργανισμός …
- Μέσω του Παγκύπριου Διαγωνισμού Κυβερνοασφάλειας (CCSC) η Κυπριακή Εθνική Ομάδα …
- Ολοκληρώθηκε σήμερα με επιτυχία το συνέδριο Course on Cybersecurity Organisational …
- Στα πλαίσια συνεργασίας με το European Security and Defense College …
- First I would like to welcome you all in this …
"DIGITAL SECURITY STAKEHOLDERS CONFERENCE”
On 25th of January 2018, the Commissioner of Electronic Communications and Postal Regulation, in the context of taking over his new responsibilities for setting up the Digital Security Authority and setting up and running the National CSIRT, hosted the first conference on Digital Security in Cyprus. The conference was addressed to a large number of stakeholders in the area of cybersecurity, such as critical information infrastructures operators, covering the energy, transport, health, government, water, balking and financial infrastructure sectors, as well as digital infrastructures. During the conference was a number of presentations related to cybersecurity, such as the results of a recent cybersecurity capacity maturity assessment for Cyprus by the University of Oxford, our (OCECPR) plans for the revision of the National Cybersecurity Strategy, the implementation of the NIS (Network and Information Security) Directive, the new Cybersecurity Package of the European Commission and other presentations from international organisations.
January 25, 2018
Inauguration of National CSIRT of Cyprus
The official opening of the National CSIRT of Cyprus (Computer Security Incident Response Team) took place on Monday 25th June 2018 at the Team’s premises in Nicosia by the Minister of Transport, Communications and Works, Ms Vasiliki Anastasiadou. Also present at the ceremony were Mr George Michaelides the Commissioner of Electronic Communications and Postal Regulation, the Deputy Commissioner Mr Petros Galides and Mr Brahima Sanou, Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau of International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The National CSIRT is the Computer Security Incident Response Team at a national level, which is responsible for responding to the cybersecurity incidents in all critical infrastructures in the Republic of Cyprus, such as the energy and water providers, ports, hospitals and financial institutions. In her address, Minister Ms. Anastasiadou said that the creation of a safe and resilient cyberspace is a major issue of national interest, with particular importance to the economy, commerce, public safety and our society as they increasingly depend on digital infrastructures and services and the Internet. The Minister then referred to the establishment of the Digital Security Authority (DSA), which is responsible for the implementation of the European NIS Directive on Network and Information Systems Security at a national level, with particular reference to the establishment of the National CSIRT which is the technical and operational arm of the DSA. The state, as the Minister said, is encouraging and supporting the operation of the National CSIRT, which enhances internal security, prevention and preparedness as well as the effective response to incidents that could potentially affect the operation of critical infrastructures of both the public and private sector and the socio-economic life of citizens. Mr Sanou of the ITU, praised the National CSIRT’s value and mentioned that its services will enhance the cybersecurity of Cyprus and contribute to the efficient handling of cyber-incidents at a national, regional and global level. The Commissioner of Electronic Communications and Postal Regulations, Mr Michaelides praised the achievements of the National CSIRT and the goals it has set to ensure high-quality services, offered through the innovative implementation of procedures based on international best practices. The Commissioner also praised the efforts of the National CSIRT to achieve recognition by the responsible international organisations as an equal member of the international CSIRT network. Finally, Mr Michaelides said that in 2019 the aim is to expand the National CSIRT in order to provide 24x7 services, as well as upgraded services to both critical infrastructure and other sectors of the economy, such as small and medium-sized enterprises, that are the backbone of the Cyprus economy.
June 25, 2018 @ 11:00 AM
ITU Cyber Drill - ALERT (Applied Learning for Emergency Response Teams) for Europe Region
The National Computer Security Incident Response Team (National CSIRT-CY) will hold a conference on the 28th of November 2018 in Limassol, in collaboration with ITU (International Telecommunication Union) and FIRST (Forum of Response and Security teams).
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is a globally managed agency of the United Nations that is responsible for the development, management, and standardization of information and communication technology (ICT). ITU also organizes worldwide and regional exhibitions and forums, such as ITU Telecom World, which aims to bring together representatives of the government and the ICT industry to exchange ideas and knowledge.
FIRST is a premier organization and recognized global leader in incident response. These teams represent government, law enforcement, academia, the private sector, and other organizations. The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) consists of a network of computer security incident response teams that work together voluntarily to deal with computer security problems and their prevention.
The conference is planned to accommodate people from 60 different countries both European and international from various delegations. Also, the event will consist of delegates from the private and public sectors of Cyprus, as well as representatives of the critical information infrastructures of the Republic of Cyprus.
The official opening of the conference will be on Wednesday 28/11/18 and 09:00am and it is planned to take place in Limassol at the St. Raphael Resort.
Transportation from the Airport to the Hotel (For those that are coming from abroad)
- By Local Taxi: 50 to 60 Euro.
- By Airport Bus Service: 9 Euro per person - http://enlimassolairportexpress.eu/
- By private Taxi service: Taxify, you have to download the application and see the availability that time (similar to Uber) - https://taxify.eu/
November 28, 2018 @ 8:30 AM
58th TF-CSIRT Meeting in Paphos hosted by the National CSIRT-CY
The 58th TF-CSIRT Meeting will take place from 16th – 17th September 2019 at the Annabelle Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus hosted by the National CSIRT-CY.
TF-CSIRT MissionThe mission of TF-CSIRT is to facilitate and improve the collaboration between the European CSIRT community to make cyberspace a better place. TF-CSIRT operates with a European mindset and strives to make it services and meetings inclusive, accessible, easy-to-reach, and affordable for all CSIRTS in Europe – regardless of sector. Through the Trusted Introducer service, TF-CSIRT can offer well-maintained and up-to-date information and provide teams with recognition status via its differentiated listing, accreditation and certification processes.
Critical Success FactorsThe following essential factors of success for TF-CSIRT have been identified:
- Knowledge within and beyond the community is leveraged to provide high-quality training and trainers.
- Support for face-to-face and engaging meetings.
- Governance and financial models that are fit for purpose.
- Provision of a reliable infrastructure that meets community needs.
- Projects are driven with impact.
- Sustainable membership development and engagement.
- Fostering of the “we feeling”.
- Trusted information is available to the community, and there are
- trusted maturity processes.
- TF-CSIRT has prestige and visibility.
Strategic AimsThe TF-CSIRT Steering Committee has set the following strategic aims for 2017 – 2020.
- Improve TF-CSIRT governance.
- Leverage community knowledge.
- Champion the prestige and visibility of TF-CSIRT.
- Develop a future business and financial model.
- Improve face-to-face engagement.
- Improve internal organizational processes.
- Safeguard and enhance the trusted infrastructure’s maturity process.