- This event has passed.
58th TF-CSIRT Meeting in Paphos hosted by the National CSIRT-CY
September 16 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The 58th TF-CSIRT Meeting will take place from 16th – 17th September 2019 at the Annabelle Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus hosted by the National CSIRT-CY.
Registration is OPEN.
The mission of TF-CSIRT is to facilitate and improve the collaboration between the European CSIRT community to make cyberspace a better place.
TF-CSIRT operates with a European mindset and strives to make it services and meetings inclusive, accessible, easy-to-reach, and affordable for all CSIRTS in Europe – regardless of sector. Through the Trusted Introducer service, TF-CSIRT can offer well-maintained and up-to-date information and provide teams with recognition status via its differentiated listing, accreditation and certification processes.
Critical Success Factors
The following essential factors of success for TF-CSIRT have been identified:
- Knowledge within and beyond the community is leveraged to provide high-quality training and trainers.
- Support for face-to-face and engaging meetings.
- Governance and financial models that are fit for purpose.
- Provision of a reliable infrastructure that meets community needs.
- Projects are driven with impact.
- Sustainable membership development and engagement.
- Fostering of the “we feeling”.
- Trusted information is available to the community, and there are
- trusted maturity processes.
- TF-CSIRT has prestige and visibility.
The TF-CSIRT Steering Committee has set the following strategic aims for 2017 – 2020.
- Improve TF-CSIRT governance.
- Leverage community knowledge.
- Champion the prestige and visibility of TF-CSIRT.
- Develop a future business and financial model.
- Improve face-to-face engagement.
- Improve internal organizational processes.
- Safeguard and enhance the trusted infrastructure’s maturity process.
Computer security incidents require fast and effective responses from the organisations concerned. Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) are, therefore, responsible for receiving and reviewing incident reports and responding to them as appropriate. TF-CSIRT is a task force that promotes collaboration and coordination between CSIRTs in Europe and neighbouring regions while liaising with relevant organisations at the global level and in other regions.
Goals of the task force.
TF-CSIRT provides a forum where members of the CSIRT community can exchange experiences and knowledge in a trusted environment to improve cooperation and coordination. It maintains a system for registering and accrediting CSIRTs, as well as certifying service standards.
The task force also develops and provides services for CSIRTs, promotes the use of common standards and procedures for handling security incidents, and coordinates joint initiatives where appropriate. This includes the training of CSIRT staff and assisting in the establishment and development of new CSIRTs.
The task force further liaises with FIRST, ENISA, other regional CSIRT organisations, as well as defence and law enforcement agencies.